Prolotherapy, PRP and Regenerative Orthopedic Medicine
As an M.D. who specializes in musculoskeletal medicine and non-surgical orthopedics, I often see patients who have persistent joint, neck or back pain due to arthritis, disc problems or other degenerative conditions or injuries. What is often not appreciated in the conventional medical approach is the root cause of the pain in about 80% or 90% of these cases is actually the ligaments and tendons that hold the joints and vertebrae together.
The importance of recognizing these highly innervated connective tissues as the primary pain generators is that there is a little-known but highly effective medical procedure called Prolotherapy / R.I.T that can stimulate the body to heal these damaged structures and resolve the pain issues – permanently and safely! Here are a few links for further info.
- What is Prolotherapy and PRP?
- Can Prolotherapy/Regenerative medicine help me?
- What about auto injuries?
- Can Prolotherapy help with sports injuries?
- How can I book an appointment or find out more about Prolotherapy?
Prolotherapy is very useful and often can actually permanently heal many types of Musculoskeletal pain including arthritis, knee pain, hip pain, neck and lower back pain.
Did You Know?
- …that 80% or 90% of chronic and persistent musculoskeletal pain comes from the connective tissues i.e. the highly innervated attachments of ligaments and tendons, and not from bone, cartilage and nerve problems?
- …that this diagnosis is often overlooked because X-ray and MRI are not sensitive enough to pick up sprained ligament and tendon insertions (what we call “stretched” insertions), which is often the root cause of the pain?
- …that there is a safe and highly effective treatment to stimulate the body to repair these structures and heal the root-cause of the problem, avoiding the need for surgery, steroid injections and long-term use of pain killers and/or anti-inflammatory medications.
Free Reports on Prolo/Regenerative medicine
Free reports on this exciting field, written by Dr. Walter are available containing information on:
- Identifying the root cause of your pain?
- How we can regenerate damaged joints?
- Using PRP (i.e. your own growth factors) to stimulate healing
- What you can do to help the healing and relieve pain
- Special applications to sports and auto injuries:
- Golf Injuries
- Tennis Injuries
- Auto whiplash
- The pros and cons of Prolotherapy/Regenerative Medicine:
- What can Prolo/Regenerative Medicine do and what can it not do?
- How to get more information on Prolotherapy
- Details on free seminars given monthly in Sarasota by Dr. Walter
- How to book a consultation with Dr. Walter